Outreach North East is a single point of contact for teachers and advisers in the North East of England which will signpost and improve access to information and support to encourage progression to higher education.
Outreach North East aims to provide impartial information about higher education to help teachers and advisers best support their students in making informed choices about their futures.
In addition to this website, Outreach North East will provide:
- telephone support for teachers and advisers wanting more information on how they can access and utilise outreach opportunities in the region;
- opportunities to collaborate with key stakeholders in the region delivering related support for young people;
- CPD opportunities for teachers and advisers, both face to face and online to support improved information and advice for young people in the region.
To find out more about Outreach North East:
About Uni Connect
Uni Connect is an Office for Students funded programme which brings together 29 partnerships across England of universities, colleges and other local partners to offer activities, advice and information on the benefits and realities of going to study a higher education qualification. Uni Connect aims to:
- reduce the gap in higher education participation between the most and least represented groups
- support young people to make well-informed decisions about their future education
- support effective and impactful local collaboration by higher education providers working together with schools, colleges, employers and other partners
- contribute to a stronger evidence base around ‘what works’ in higher education outreach and strengthen evaluation practice in the sector.
The programme is intended to complement and add value to the work that higher education providers undertake through their access and participation plans, in particular work that is best delivered in collaboration.
To find out more visit: https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/promoting-equal-opportunities/uni-connect/